Rules - Casual Makeup
Eye Color Rules
deeper colors on the lid.
• Use lighter colors on the brow bone.
• For a casual but polished look, sweep
one shade from lashes to brow bone.
• Use cream shadows sparingly -- the
colors tend to be very vivid.
• Eye gloss is the newest trend. It
adds a sheer shine to lids, but don't try it unless you know you can
carry it off -- it can look greasy and inappropriate.
• Apply powder eyeliners wet for more
• White, pink and yellow eyeliner
pencils tend to make the eye look open and brighter. Blue counteracts
redness, and black will give you a sultry look.
• In order to make eyeliner easy to
apply, manufacturers sometimes make it so creamy it doesn't stay put.
You can use a matching eye shadow or powder liner to set your eyeliner.